Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sharing my WHY.

What is Your WHY?
At the Business Wealth Club (a business growth community that comes together twice a month to learn, connect and grow their businesses further)  one question that we raised was this: What is your WHY for being in Business?

It made me I realised I have not shared my WHY enough. 

My dream is simple:
I want brilliant people with brilliant ideas to share and express their brilliance through their chosen businesses and I want them to inspire others as they do so. I want to help driven business owners to grow and contribute to the welfare of the world and to create environments in which the people and the business thrives.

I want to help ANYONE with a great message and/or product to be easy to learn from and grow with.  My dream is born out of annoyance, irritation and frustration. 

Listening to everything and learning to act on it.
I love to learn. I value learning. I think it's the singular most important thing we can do as human beings. Learning evolves us. That's what I believe. As a great lover of new perspectives on old things or old perspectives on new-to-me-things, I put myself in the path of learning often and voraciously. I like to learn new things from new to me people, known things from new to me people, new things from known to me people...In short, I actually don't mind where my learning comes from, so long as it comes in a form that is palatable and honours me as an intelligent member of the audience.

Annoyance, irritation and frustration have a job.
What do you want to Inspire?
It's important to pay attention to the little feelings, grumbles and knawing irritations. They have their place these irritations, they are signposts. On my journeys of discovery and learning, I became aware that many brilliant people with many fantastic ideas are so ill-equipped to either run businesses that allow them the full stage to support the impact they COULD provide OR that they are so caught in their own message that they are not able to truly communicate it to their wider audience. As a result, they invite people to listen only to barrage, bully or bore them. That's not fair to themselves or others. It does not make for growth or learning.

The annoyance and frustration I experienced regularly has led me to now being  committed to helping people to get that brilliance out of YOUR heads and into shapes and structures that actually can increase your impact, influence and income as a result of being easy to listen to and act in line with. I want to help you communicate your vision and grow your business to it's full potential.

Give 'icky' emotions a little space and the dream will emerge.
My dream, founded on that frustration, came into being over the course of last year between July and November. I let it have it's time. I allowed myself to rage a little, rant a lot and then I allowed myself to build out of that.  As I sat with those feelings of irritation and frustration and gave them some space . I asked: 'how can I ease this?'  and the dream took hold.

Dreams need consistent attention and a little space...
I realised that I needed to shape the ideas into something that will continue to drive me as I set up a business around it and really allow myself to hold a space for people learning and growing through GREAT content and products, delivered well, that connects people and that contributes to the wellbeing of everyone it touches by creating communities that share and move forward together.  I've made a great start. I now run a Business Wealth Club in my local community (Croydon, England) and I also provide 'Structure for Stars'. Both businesses fulfil my ambition of inspiring entrepreneurs to really create sustainable, contributing businesses that support and grow themselves and the communities they are based in.

My dream is simple - if you have a great passion, if you have a great perspective, if you have a great product then I will do everything I can to help you get your message 'out there'.

Finally, Some things to Wonder and Share About:
Every post in Ways To Wonder has a little section like this - please share your thoughts in response to the questions or the post. :)

What is Your Dream?

  1. What is your dream? (and is it big enough for you?)
  2. What frustrates, annoys or irritates you (and how might these actually be signposts to what you could or should be delivering in the world?)
  3. What do you need to give space to, let go of or ease into in helping you build the contribution you want to make to yourself and others?

No comments: